Our Summer Challenge to you all is to create a plastic monster from your household plastic rubbish and recycling, the more monstrous the better. We have posted a few examples to get you thinking what you might make. There are lots of ways you can make your own unique monster but here's a simple one to try:
1. Collect plastic bottles and wrappers at home and thoroughly clean them
2. Make a plan or sketch out the monster you want to create
3. Create eyes by drawing dots on bottle caps
4. Use a plastic bottle as a body
5. Cut out pieces of plastic wrapper as mouth, horns, tentacles etc.
6. Glue your parts together - keep the glue safe, don't get it all over the place!
7. Complete the online entry form, take a picture and send it to us.
Scroll down for more details and the terms and conditions.
It is open to everyone in Braunton and the surrounding area including Marwood, Ashford, Chivenor, Wrafton, Heanton Punchardon, Saunton, Croyde, Georgeham, Mortehoe and Woolacombe and to those who have a substantial connection having grown up here but who now live away.
The end date is 28th August 2020 at 6pm.
If it is safe to do so we hope to mount a physical exhibition so please keep your Plastic Monster safe as we may ask if you could bring it along.
We are looking for everyone of all ages to take part. We hope you will have a great deal of fun. There is of course a serious message and we invite you to look at the websites of plasticfreenorthdevon.org and northdevonbiosphere.org.uk complete with plastic free action plan to learn more.